The Court shall consist of the persons as follows:
- The Chancellor ;
- The Vice-Chancellor ;
- The Registrar (Administration ) ; Member Secretary
- The Registrar (Academic)
- Minister in charge of Cooperation Department of Assam;
- The Principal Secretary Cooperation Department , in his absence the Secretary to the Government of Assam , Cooperation Department ;
- The Registrar of Cooperative Societies ,Assam , Cooperation Department ;
- The Regional Head of NABARD , NE Region ;
- The Registrar of Cooperative Societies , Assam .
- The Director of Agriculture , Assam ;
- The Chairman / Chief Executive officer of the Assam State Cooperative Union ;
- Members of eminent institution / organizations like VAMNICOM / Tata Institute of Social Sciences / NDDB / NFDB / IRMA etc. subject to acceptance by the concerned authorities ;
- The Regional Head of IIM, NE Region .
- persons not exceeding three in number nominated by the Chancellor from amongst the patrons on recommendation by Executive Council through examination of bio-data , etc. and who are not members of any other state University ;
- two persons to be elected by the members of the Assam Legislative Assembly from amongst themselves and who are not members of any other State University ;
- five persons distinguished in Co-operation , Law , Commerce , economics , social and rural economy and public life to be nominated by the Chancellor on recommendation by the Executive Council through examination of bio-data etc. and who are not members of any other State University ;
- two eminent cooperators to be nominated by the Chancellor on recommendation by the Executive Council through examination of bio-data etc. and who are not members of any other State University;
- two representative (one male , one female) to be elected by the students of the University from among themselves:
Provided that a student to be so elected must have been student of the University for atleast one year prior to his election .
Provided further that no student who has taken more than one year in excess of the period prescribed for the course of which he is a student shall be eligible for such election .
In the event of election by the student of the University not being held for whatever reason , the Vice-Chancellor in consultation with the student community may nominate two representative (one male , one female) from among themselves to be representatives in the court .